This is a community for fans of Jennifer Aniston to enter icon challeneges. Different pictures will be posted every week and members will have the oppurtunity to creatively design their own icon based on the picture provided. Members will vote & decide which icon they like best, and banners/awards will be given based on that. :] But mostly this is just for fun. Don't take yourselves too seriously.
ENTERING & VOTING RULES
001. Don't be mean. (I think that one's pretty self-explainatory, but if I see the need to elaborate later, I will.)
002. Don't get mad if winner's banners or results are a little late. I'm only one person, and I don't think I should add another mod until this thing picks up.
003. These icon submissions must remain anonymous. Icons must be posted for the first time HERE. You may not have used this icon in another contest or for a private icon journal.
004. The number of allowed entries will typically be three unless otherwise stated.
005. Do not plagarize. Meaning, submitting an icon as your own work when it isn't. If you think it might be wrong, it probably IS.
006. You MUST use the images provided.
007. Icons must meet the LJ icon standards: 40 KB, .jpg, .gif, .png only.
008. Only members can enter their icons, and only members can vote.
009. You may only vote once. And you cannot tell your friends to vote for you. That's just not fair.
010. Images must be hosted on your own server. I recommend Photobucket, ImageShack or TinyPic, but anywhere else is fine too as long as your images can be posted.
011. No animated icons, and no text-only icons. No BLENDING!
012. If you are interested in using one of the submitted icons, please comment on the voting post and I will get ahold of the creater and make sure that's alright.
013. If I do not post an entry limit by some stroke of forgetfulness, please assume you are only allowed as many entries as there are pictures (i.e., two pictures means two entries, three pictures means three entries, etc).
014. Please format the comment with your entry like this (image + URL):
Challenges begin: Friday. Challenges end: The following Friday. Voting: Friday - Sunday. Winners announced: Sunday/Monday, depending on ties. Banners posted: Wednesday at the latest.
Although the winner announcements and banners are not set in stone, the challenge days are. Challenges will always begin on Friday and end on the following Friday with voting to follow the next or same day, except in special cases (vacations, finals, etc).
PLEASE NOTE! All dates and challenges are subject to change if need be. I reserve the right as mod & creator to postpone or extend as I need to. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem.
All challenges will follow an order. I messed up a little at the beginning, but I'm kind of trying to keep this pattern for the challenges (I won't say per month because there's more than 4 different categories):
. Photo shoots . Movie Premieres / Events . Friends moments . Candids & random . Movies . Special Challenge (i.e., lyrics, titles, special text, specific brushes, etc.)
I'd like to keep the challenges constantly following that pattern so that I don't always use the same types of photos.
Awards will be given to first, second, and third place winners based on points. Each voting poll will allow members to select their choice for First, Second, and Third place. First place votes count for three points; second place votes count for two points; third place votes count for one point. The amount of points that each icon has will determine First, Second, and Third places.
Different special categories that may show up depending on the number of entries include but are not limited to Best Coloring, Best Text, Best Cropping, Most Creative, Most Original, Best Interpretation, etc. Number of votes will be used to determine these winners, NOT points.